Higher Education Student Support Grant Guidelines
1. Teacher/Tutor must be a current active member of WVAEA, Inc..
2. Applicant must be a resident of West Virginia and enrolled in a college, university, or vocational school for the current or upcoming semester.
3. Applicant must be enrolled in or have completed an ABE/Literacy program in the past.
4. Applicant must truthfully complete the Higher Education Student Support Grant Application.
5. The completed application must be accompanied by a Teacher/Tutor’s Recommendation Letter.
6. Applicant must submit a receipt of payment for tuition (on school letterhead) for the current or upcoming semester. (This is to verify that the student is enrolled.)
7. After the student grant committee has reviewed and approved the application, the scholarship recipient will be sent a check up to the amount of $250. (Some grants may be less than that based upon committee findings.)