Student Support Grant Guidelines
1. Teacher/Tutor must be a current active member of WVAEA, Inc.
2. Applicant must be a resident of West Virginia and currently enrolled in an ABE or literacy program within West Virginia.
3. Applicant must maintain at least 85% attendance record.
4. Applicant must truthfully complete the Student’s Support Grant Application.
5. The completed application must be accompanied by a Teacher/Tutor’s Recommendation Letter.
6. The Student Grant Committee will review the application form and the recommendation letter.
7. If approved, the instructor/tutor will be sent a check up to the amount of $250. (Some grants may be less than that based upon the findings of the committee.)
8. Monies will be disbursed to the student at the discretion of the instructor/tutor.
9. Grants may be used for expenses such as travel to and from school, clothing, child-care, food, etc.